Last updated 10.5.2021 at 16.00. The webpage will be updated as the situation evolves.
At the moment in Oulu, vaccinations are offered to residents:
Notifications about booking schedule for various groups will be posted on this webpage. The vaccination is free of charge. We comply with the national schedule for vaccination in stages. The pace of vaccinations depends on the amount of vaccine available in Oulu. You always have to book an appointment for your vaccination.
- Book a vaccination appointment
- Vaccination time-schedule in Oulu
- Information on risk groups
- Vaccination of home care clients
- Vaccination sites
- Instructions for persons arriving at the vaccination site
- After the vaccination
- More information about corona vaccinations
Eligible for vaccination are
- persons who will be 50 this year (born in 1971) or older
- 16-year-olds and older in risk group 1
- 16-year-olds and older in risk group 2
Book a vaccination appointment
- use primarily the Welfare Services’ online appointment booking (requires identification)
- booking for appointments on the phone, tel. 08 558 41415 Mondays to Thursdays between 8:00 and 16:00, Fridays between 8:00 and 15:00.
If you can´t communicate in Finnish, English or Swedish, you can have language assistance from the multilingual counselling of the City of Oulu.
If you book a vaccination appointment on the phone, we recommend you to leave a message to be called back. Do not wait on the line or call the number several times.
Booking an appointment for another person can be made only on the phone.
|Groups to be vaccinated||Time-schedule||Vaccine|
|Social welfare and healthcare workers carrying out corona-related tasks||Vaccinated||Biontech-Pfizer|
Staff and residents at housing service and residential care facilities for senior citizens
|Home care clients (please refer to the vaccination time-schedule for home care)||Ongoing|| |
50-year-olds (born in 1971) and older
|Vaccinations in process. Booking open.|| |
|Persons in the risk group 1: 16-year-olds and older, who are at very high risk from severe coronavirus infection due to an illness or condition|| |
Vaccinations in process. Booking open.
|Citizen´s in the risk group 2: 16-year-olds and older, who are susceptible to severe coronavirus infection due to their illness or condition||Vaccinations in process. Booking open.||Biontech-Pfizer|
|Under 50-year-olds||No starting date given yet||Biontech-Pfizer, Moderna|
The risk group has been divided into two subgroups in the national vaccination schedule.
Risk group 1 consists persons who have a very severe underlying illness or condition making them susceptible to a serious case of coronavirus infection.
- organ or stem cell transplant
- ongoing treatment for cancer
- severe diseases that weakens the immune system
- chronic kidney failure
- severe chronic lung condition
- medically treated type 2 diabetes
- Down syndrome
Risk group 2 consists of persons who have an underlying illness or condition making them susceptible to a serious case of coronavirus infection.
- Asthma requiring continuous medication
- Severe heart disease
- Neurological illness or condition that affects breathing
- Immunosuppressive drug therapy for autoimmune disease
- Severe chronic liver disease
- Type 1 diabetes or adrenal insufficiency
- Sleep apnoea
- Morbid obesity (body mass index more than 40)
Persons living in the same household are not vaccinated at the same time as risk groups.
Most home care clients will be vaccinated at home, however, mobility and condition allowing, they may book an appointment also for the age group specific mass vaccination.
In residential homes, vaccinations are given to clients receiving home care services. The vaccination will be provided by the client’s home care provider once the vaccine is available. Mobility and condition allowing, an appointment may also be booked for the age group specific mass vaccination at Ouluhalli.
Available vaccination sites and times are listed online or you are told about access on the phone. A vaccination appointment has to be booked in advance.
Addresses of the vaccination sites
- Ouluhalli, Ouluhallintie 20. See the map for entry directions (in finnish)
- Haukipudas Welfare Centre, Simppulanharjuntie A16
- Kiiminki, Jaarantie 4, old Jokiranta School
- Oulunsalo Healthcare Centre, Kauppiaantie 10
- Yli-Ii Healthcare Clinic, Kirkkotie 2
- Ylikiiminki Healthcare Clinic, Vesaisenlinnantie 2
We ask family or friends kindly to help senior citizens with the booking and transport.
Please, remember the importance of wearing a mask and follow the recommendations also after the vaccination.
- Come only if you are healthy, wear a mask.
- Wear a blouse or shirt of elastic material with short sleeves.
- Have an ID card or driving licence ready to prove your identity.
- If you are an informal carer, bring the decision on informal care with you.
- After the vaccination, you may be asked to wait for 15 minutes.
- You need to have 2 doses of the vaccine. You will get the second dose 12 weeks after the first one.
Even if you have had coronavirus infection or been vaccinated against it, it is important to keep on wearing a mask and follow recommendations as well. See the recommendations and restrictions in force in Oulu.